Sunday, February 9, 2014

Walpack Kayak Club

Coming Spring of 2014 I will be blogging about my trips and adventures on the middle Delaware river in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Besides our trips I will touch on other areas of interest in the DWG NRA. We have planned a multi day kayak trip from Port Jervis, NY to Columbia, NJ. We will be primitive camping carrying only what we can in our kayaks. Besides blogging we will be taking plenty of photos and fishing. This trip will be different, after many years of sleeping on the ground I have decided to get up off the dirt. I will be using a Hennessey Hammock which not only provides the best night sleep, it opens up the opportunity to camp in more locations so long as there are trees.
Also besides kayaking I will continue to highlight the rich history of the park as well as tell the stories of the people that were here before the park was created. Walpack NJ which is considered a ghost town by some is amazing place for hiking, bird watching and all things nature.
So I hope to start putting up some things soon, see you then……………………


No comments:

Post a Comment